This new and exciting position at Solving Kids' Cancer UK bolsters the Finance function's resource and resilience, to best support the charity to deliver on its recently launched new 5-year strategy for children and families affected by neuroblastoma. The Senior Finance Manager role will take an active role ensuring the effective day-to-day financial management of the charity, working directly with the Director of Strategic Finance and wider Finance team, CEO, Leadership Team and Board of Trustees.
Summary of role responsibilities
• Preparing monthly management accounts, working with department heads to ensure accurate forecasts and the accuracy of all transactions.
• Managing and developing the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant and overseeing the Accounts Payable and Income functions.
• Managing financial systems, processes and controls including managing the finance system, monthly Payroll, Fixed Asset management and the Annual Audit Process.
• Providing financial analysis and reporting, as required.
Key role information
• Salary: Circa £45,000, commensurate with experience
• Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
• Location: Home based with some travel to London / around the UK as required
• Reporting to: Director of Strategic Finance
What we offer
• 32 days holiday, bank holidays included
• 5% employer pension scheme contribution
• Access to 24/7 confidential helplines for counselling and legal and tax advice
• Wellbeing check-ins with manager and optional Wellbeing Action Plan
• Participation in staff surveys for the opportunity to anonymously feedback experiences and suggest improvements
• Regular opportunities to meet in person as departments and the full team
• Training opportunities – we care about our staff and volunteers and encourage opportunities for professional development
• A child-centred charity with a passionate and dedicated team