Our small team of fantastic fundraisers are working hard to engage with our supporters creating and developing fundraising initiatives to generate additional charity income to our HELP Appeal. We’re now looking for a fundraiser to join our Collections Team and work with them in building and maintaining valuable relationships with supporters to maximise their contribution. This is a new role and we need someone who is highly organised, who thrives working as part of a small team as well as working independently. We are looking for someone who will anticipate need and suggest solutions to challenges and use their initiative.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Engage with and support organisations to foster their continuing support.
• Support the management of specific projects -these may entail aspects of direct marketing, telephone canvassing, volunteer management, planning and implementation of our supermarket and retailer collections and other aspects of fundraising work.
• Support our events plans by promoting ticket sales and challenge event places, attending events as appropriate.
• Research new grant making trusts to assess potential, completing trust applications as appropriate.
• Carry out talks and presentations to supporter groups and represent County Air Ambulance Trust at local events and cheque presentations.
• Organise collections with local box collectors, collating and logging all relevant information.
• Support the recruitment of new tin collectors providing taster sessions and training.
• Contact supermarkets and other high footfall locations to arrange bucket collections.
• Count and bank bucket collection monies in line with County Air Ambulance Trust procedures.
• Ensure accurate records are held of income received, entering data onto our charity database ensuring all records are kept up to date.
• Maintain positive working relationships with colleagues in a small team
• Ensure all fundraising activity is compliant with GDPR, Fundraising Regulator, Charity Commission and Gambling Commission governance.
We expect all staff to undertake any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by your line manager or their higher level of authority on behalf of the charity.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to present to a diverse range of audiences.
• Able to develop and maintain fundraising relationships, with a proven track record of new business and income development.
• Confident and personable with an ability to influence, motivate and inspire supporters.
• Able to work under pressure, managing and prioritising a busy workload.
• Organised and able to meet deadlines and targets.
• Understanding of working with outside supporters or volunteers.
• Team player who embraces collaborative working.
• Computer literate. Microsoft office experience.
• Experience of accurate record keeping and or database management.
• Full UK driving licence, access to own vehicle and willingness to travel.
• Previous fundraising experience
• Awareness of current trends and developments in fundraising.
This role will occasionally involve some evening and weekend working so flexibility is essential.