The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
We are a world-leading mental health charity for children, young people and their families. Our purpose
is to take everything that we have learned over the last 70 years, and to transform the mental health of current and future generations of children and young people, to close the gap between mental illness and mental wellness – and to create a more compassionate society for everyone. Our vision
is a world where all children and young people are supported effectively to enable them to develop their emotional and mental health, build on their strengths and achieve their goals in life. Our mission
is to close the gap in wellbeing and mental health by advancing, translating, delivering, and sharing the best science and practice with everyone who impacts the lives of children, young people and their families.
Purpose and overview of the role
The Centre delivers a wide range of training, conferences and events aimed at mental- health and allied professionals. The trainings typically span one to five days, and content ranges from teaching specific therapeutic methods for working with people, to helping professionals gain deeper understanding of types of patient behaviour, through to research methods. The Training, Conferences and Events team has grown considerably over the last five years to support the growth in audience reach, and the team generates a significant proportion of the Centre’s income.
The Training and Conferences Officer will join a friendly and supportive team, and will also work closely with colleagues from across the Clinical Division and the Centre more broadly by working on a programme/s of activity, helping to administer and coordinate our trainings and events.
Hybrid (a mixture of home/onsite working): staff are working onsite for at least 20% of their working hours at the Anna Freud Centre in King’s Cross (4-8 Rodney Street, London N1 9JH)
Three positions available
: full-time (35 hours per work; usual working hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00 – flexibility to support trainings and events outside of these hours is required).
27 days plus Bank Holidays FTE.
Main responsibilities of the role
• Provide administrative and practical support to the Training, Conferences and Events team to ensure the successful running of the training delivered online and in-person (e.g., liaising with commissioners and delegates, distributing pre and post event materials, co-ordinating with tutors, setting up Zoom meetings and facilitating trainings online, emailing login details for meetings, meeting and greeting delegates, ordering catering and preparing handouts);
• Set up online trainings and facilitate the start of sessions and be available to tutors for any questions during trainings;
• Book travel and accommodation for course tutors when required;
• Oversee and act as administrative lead for certain training programmes;
• Respond to a high volume of e-mail and phone enquiries relating to training and conferences;
• Provide administrative support to course tutors (e.g., updating and branding documents, provide Zoom user guide sessions to tutors);
• Assist with setting up AV equipment in the training rooms;
• Schedule course dates, set up contracts and book rooms;
• Process course bookings, distribute invoices and monitor payments for training and conferences;
• Maintain accurate records of trainee information, courses and events across our systems;
• Update the training and conferences webpages;
• When necessary, provide cover to other team members;
• Where necessary, be responsible for organising specific course team meetings, writing agendas, taking minutes and sharing these minutes.
All employee responsibilities
• Maintain an awareness of and actively follow and promote the Centre’s policies, including Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Information Governance;
• Complete all Centre mandatory training, including but not limited to Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Equality and Diversity and Information Governance, within the required timescales;
• The welfare of the children, young people and vulnerable adults who come into contact with our services either directly or indirectly is paramount and all staff have a responsibility to ensure that best practice is followed, including compliance with statutory requirements.
To be noted
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks; the employee will be asked to undertake other ad hoc tasks relevant with the scope and purpose of this role. This job description reflects the present requirements of the post, and as duties and responsibilities change/develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post-holder.
Before starting your application, please read the below in full to understand the requirements of this role. The key criteria which will help us to assess candidates are listed below. There is guidance to highlight at which stage the criteria will be assessed. Please ensure all criteria listed to be assessed at application stage are evidenced in your supporting statement.
During the interview(s), candidates will be asked at least one question regarding our values, and one question regarding equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). We expect everyone to actively demonstrate our values and inclusive behaviours in all areas of their work. Our values can be viewed here
and our EDI statement can be viewed here
We want to ensure all candidates can access and apply for our vacancies equitably, if you require any additional assistance to apply or would like to find out more about the role, please contact us on email@example.com
. We aim to provide reasonable adjustments where operationally possible for the work that we do.
If successful after interviewing, you will be notified verbally with a job offer and pre- employment checks will be initiated. Information regarding our pre-employment checks can be found here
Notification of interview
Shortlisted applicants will be notified no later than Thursday 8 December 2022. Please note: due to volume of applications expected, we will be unable to notify unsuccessful candidates.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 12 December 2022.
How to apply
Please visit www.annafreud.org/vacancies/
to register an account and apply online. We are unable to accept CVs and kindly request no contact from agencies.