Phil Hope, the minister for the Third Sector, has appointed the panel of the new Third Sector Advisory Body (TSAB).
The TSAB has been set up to provide ministers with clear and authoritative advice on policy regarding the third sector, including charities, voluntary groups and social enterprises.
Hope said: “The advisory body has a hugely important role in helping the Government make the right choices for a thriving third sector. I am confident their expertise experience and authority will prove invaluable in our drive to support the third sector and the increasingly important part it plays in society.”
The TSAB panel is:
- Lynne Berry OBE, chief executive, WRVS
- Stan Crawford OBE, managing director, Sherwood Energy Village
- Stephen Dunmore, consultant & former CEO, Big Lottery Fund
- Clare Gilhooly, chief executive, Cambridge House
- Michael Kelly, Europe head corporate social responsibility, KPMG
- John Knight, head of external policy, Leonard Cheshire
- Bhupendra Mistry, board member Carnegie UK Trust, Harvest Housing Group & BBC World Service
- Penny Newman OBE, non-executive director Social Finance, former CEO Cafe Direct and Social Enterprise Ambassador
- Cliff Prior CBE, chief executive, UnLtd
- Abbie Rumbold, partner, Bates Wells & Braithwaite
- Danielle Walker Palmour, director, Friends Provident Foundation
- Sir Nick Young, chief executive, British Red Cross
The Third Sector Advisory Body was a commitment of the Third Sector Review published in 2007. The appointments will be until March 2011.