Top charity CEOs on social media announced
Written by Lauren Weymouth
The top 30 charity CEOs on social media have been announced, with Matthew Hodson from NAM stealing the top spot.
The results were announced at the Social CEO Awards last night, with the top 30 being selected from 101 nominations.
Hodson is the executive director of NAM – a charity that provides information about HIV and Aids. He won the overall award for charity leader with the best social media presence.
Kirsty Marrins from the Small Charities Coalition took the prize for the best trustee on social media, while Clare Laxton from CLIC Sargent won the award for the best rising star on social media.
Other awards included best leader, best digital leader and best digital CEO on social media.
The awards are organised by Zoe Amar and Matt Collins, who are both digital marketing experts and specialise in working with the third sector to help them improve digital skills.
• Best Charity CEO on Social Media – Matthew Hodson, NAM
• Best Trustee on Social Media – Kirsty Marrins, Small Charities Coalition
• Best Leader on Social Media – James Cusack, Autistica (Highly commended – Angie Carter, The Children’s Trust and Andy Broomhead, Diabetes UK)
• Best Rising Star on Social Media – Clare Laxton, CLIC Sargent (Highly commended – Mike Lewis, Lloyds Bank Foundation)
• Best Digital Leader – Lara Burns, Age UK
• Best Digital CEO – Steve Ford, Parkinson’s UK