The Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) is one of the UK’s largest technical and vocational awarding and assessment organisations.
VTCT seeks to advance education for the public benefit by enabling learners to gain additional skills through vocational education and apprenticeships to have a direct line of sight to a job or enhanced career prospects through acquiring higher-level skills, and has so far supported over a million people in doing just that.
VTCT is looking to recruit three new members to join its Board of Trustees, and is inviting applications from individuals with a background in the further/higher education sectors or those with business or marketing skills obtained within its core areas of hair, beauty, complementary therapy and sports.
It’s an exciting time to join VTCT as the Government implements major reforms to the technical and vocational education landscape. New trustees will be expected to support VTCT’s strong growth as the charity expands its portfolio of more than 1,900 public and private education centres across both the UK and worldwide.
• Ensure the charity, and its representatives, function within all legal and regulatory requirements applicable, and in line with the organisation's governing document, continually striving for best practice in governance
• Determine the overall direction and development of the charity through good governance and clear strategic planning
• Ensure robust systems are in place for internal financial control and the protection of the charity's funds and assets
• Act with integrity, using reasonable levels of care, skill and diligence and applying the the principles of the Charity Governance Code for Large Charities
• Ensuring compliance with the objects, purposes and values of the organisation, and with its Memorandum and Articles of Association
• Approving policies, plans and budgets to achieve those objects and monitoring performance against them
• Ensuring the solvency, financial strength and good performance of the organisation
• Attending and playing a fully active role on the VTCT board
Applications deadline: 21st September 2018.
Interviews for the trustee roles will take place on 4th October 2018
For more information about this role, please visit www.vtct.org.uk/trustee, or, call us on call us on 023 8068 4500 and ask for Leanne Hobbs.